Thursday, October 19, 2006

Why I get up in the morning



You know, there are lots and lots of reasons not to stay in bed all day--as tempting as that particular activity may be from time to time. These three lads are among my top reasons for greeting each day with joy and gratitude. Look at them! Who wouldn't want to get up and go into a world that contains Brook, Malcolm and Max? These fabulous gifts from God point to so much more than their three individual lives, they are creation itself, the very incarnation of love. In these men I see powerfully how the choice (yes, free will is real!) to love, really love, changes the world. So, I get up each day, and put on a collar, and say thanks to the Almighty for asking me to be part of a radical movement that takes as its goal no less than global reconcilation.

1 Comments:

Blogger joie said...

I will try to remember that it is about global reconciliation when I have to leave Patrick, put on my collar, and go back to work. I'm doing it to help the world be more loving for him and for all children. Boy, I have certainly learned that the church needs as much reconciliation as any people

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home