Monday, April 23, 2007

Floyd's in the house!


Floyd Landis was in Atlanta for the final loops. He rode in a one-lap cancer fundraising ride. Good to see him on the bike. Today's L'equipe (a publication owned by the company that produces the Tour de France) published a report that Floyd's B samples from last summer, which should not have been tested at all because the A samples were normal, showed traces of exogenous testosterone. Now, I suppose it may be that Floyd cheated, I don't pretend to know for sure. But the way he is being treated in this affair is tragic. WADA and USADA have consistently disregarded their own policies and procedures. And Floyd's representative was barred from witnessing this latest round of testing. And, of course, the testing was done by the same lab that did the initial work last summer, and made many mistakes. As I said, I don't know for sure, I have no special knowledge of the contents of Floyd's urine, but I believe him. I believe the way he rides, and the courage he has shown. I believe in his upbringing and the way he treats people. He is a gentle, polite, kind man, and he shouldn't have to be subject to the agendas of bitter men.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home